EAP works with school districts across the country to provide Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy, behavior support services and educational consultation services for children with autism and other developmental disorders. We understand that the school staff and our clinical staff must work closely together to help children reach their full potential.
Early Autism Project offers the highest quality of intensive, research-based behavioral treatment and provides school districts the staff training, consulting and programming necessary for high-quality, consistent teaching and behavioral intervention.
Positive Behavior Support Plans are developed and monitored under the direction of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) or a Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) and implemented by a team that includes certified special education teachers, personal care assistants (PCAs) and other professionals dedicated to students’ academic and behavioral gains.
All our aids are trained in ABA therapy and many are working toward their BCBA or BCaBA credentials. All aids hold a bachelor’s degree in psychology, special education or a related field, and many hold a master’s degree and/or are Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) trained.
Early Autism Project offers school districts the following:
- Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) and Functional Analysis (FA)
- Positive Behavior Support Plans
- ABA-trained 1:1 aides and PCAs
- Staff trained by the Crisis Prevention Institute to safely manage behaviors (upon request)
- Behavior support to IEP teams and classroom teachers
- IEP goal development
- Classroom-based consultation
- Social skills programs and groups (using Michelle Garcia Winner’s Social Thinking approach to help students learn the nuances of social communication and interaction)
- Assistance with the setup of ABA Verbal-Behavior (VB) Classrooms
- Parent and family training (when requested)
- Intensive toilet training programs
- ABA evaluations
- Behavior Analyst (BCBA) consultation and program supervision for Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) programs, using the Verbal Behavior (VB) approach
In Pennsylvania, school services are provided by our partner, Education Alternatives for ABA.