In addition to providing consultative and direct one-on-one support for students, Early Autism Project provides professional development workshops and inservice training programs to teachers, paraprofessionals and instructional assistants on several topics relevant to working in both the regular education and special education environment. Our training and workshop series is designed to help school district personnel at all levels learn more about autism and successful treatment methods.
Many school districts we work with use their staff development days to take advantage of these training workshops and schedule a series of training dates each year.
From a general overview of autism and ABA to more advanced subject matter like dealing with self-injurious behavior, these trainings have something to offer your staff at all different levels of experience.
Professional development workshops and inservice training programs include the following types of skill development :
- Developing Measurable IEP Goals and Corresponding Data-Collection Tools
- Data Collection (Do’s and Don’ts)
- Managing Challenging Behavior in the Classroom Settings
- How to Conduct Meaningful FBA’s
- Motivating and Engaging Students in the Classroom Setting: Everyday Strategies
- Data-Driven Decision Making Using the PA State Standards
- “Social Thinking” and “The Hidden Curriculum”
- Emotional Disturbance and Acting Out Behavior: from FBA to Positive Behavior Support Plan
- Responding to Angry Students: How To De-escalate Yourself and the Student
- Understanding and Supporting Students with Autism in the Regular Education Classroom